The condemning statement of Zartonk Party.
Azerbaijan’s insidious move to close the only corridor connecting the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic of Armenia and to create a humanitarian disaster once again proves that:
• the Azerbaijani government does not intend to ensure the security of the Armenian people in the territory of the Republic of Artsakh.
• the Azerbaijani government does not intend to keep the agreements defined by the documents it signed.
The executive body of the Party considers that this process (the attempt) organized by the Azerbaijani government fits under the definition of the international crime mentioned in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948).
In the absence of political pressure from countries and international organizations, the successful closing of the only artery feeding Artsakh will be considered by the Azerbaijani authorities as a genocide privilege.
The executive body of the Party also considers the government of Armenia to be responsible for this situation, which has undertaken responsibility to protect the people of Artsakh by various legal acts, but shows criminal inaction.
In particular, by decision H.N-0663-1 of RA Supreme Council, dated 07.08.1992, Armenia has committed to “Consistently support the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh and the protection of the rights of its population”, and by Point 1 of 2021-2026 Programme of the Government of the Republic of Armenia approved by Decision 1363-N of the Government
of the Republic of Armenia, dated 18.08.2021, has promised that the unblocking process cannot take place at the expense of the security and vital interests of Armenia and Artsakh.
After the war in 2020, in contrary to the requirements of 09.11.2020 signed tripartite declaration, the unilateral concessions by the Armenian government (Shurnukh, Vorotan road and other settlements), as well as conducting false peace-loving and enemy-loving policy under the sizeist statements of the representatives of the Azerbaijani government harms the morale and psychological state of the Armenian nation, inciting the enemy to take action.
Violating the requirement of Article 119 of the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, during the armed attack on September 13, 2022, the government of the Republic of Armenia did not declare martial law, which also hindered the process of expelling the Azerbaijani forces from the sovereign territory of Armenia with the involvement of international organizations and countries.
With anti-democratic methods, including using brutal police force, making up fake criminal cases, making the public “material for fining”, this government tries to eliminate all possible manifestations of national, patriotic or national identity preservation.
Considering the above,
Bearing in mind that the “imperative of the demand to change the negotiator” voiced by the Party was for this very day,
Executive body of “Zartonk” National Christian Party:
- Condemns the attempted genocide by the Azerbaijani government, calling on the international community not to be complicit in the international crime by keeping silence.
- Condemns the inaction of the government of the Republic of Armenia, calling on:
- the person occupying the post of the prime minister, to submit his resignation, giving the opportunity to the forces formed by national unity to get the country out of this situation.
- the authorities to support the protection of the rights of the people of the Republic of Artsakh, including to urgently raise the issue before international organizations.